Old 09-05-2011, 11:26 AM
kiffie2413

Hi all,
Well, here is the quilt with the applique finished and the sashing and border on it...I chose to applique using colors that coordinated with each piece, so some of the stitching doesn't really show up...hindsight says I think I may have liked it if I had gone ahead with my test block, and done it in black or gray...but not taking it all out now!!! Just a lesson learned...The plaid sashing wasn't really too hard to make sure it was straight, the fabric itself was pretty much right on, I starched it before I cut it, and used the actual colored lines as cutting and sewing lines...I know that the stripes don't match up where the sashing intersects..and I considered re-doing it...but, really thinking since the lines are not all "catywampus" that is what I really wanted to be ok.
Now I am wondering whether I should add another border, like red, green, or blue...or leave well enough alone! :?: ..The narrow yellow orange strip will be the binding...thanks again for all the ideas and input!!..
Going to go and see how hard it will be to get the sashing lines to match at intersections now...sigh...argh...lol
Kif
Attached Thumbnails attachment-251961.jpe   attachment-251962.jpe   attachment-251963.jpe