View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 02:38 PM
GiddyUpGo

So I just finished SID on my six-year-old's dragon quilt. I posted a couple of days ago asking for a pep talk because my wonky stitches were really upsetting me, and I just want to thank everyone who replied. I think I've finally decided to just go with it ...

When you stand back from the quilt (as many advised) it actually looks pretty good. You don't notice the wonky stitches and I think I actually managed to stay in the ditch more often than not. The other side, however, is a whole 'nother story. Tucks, tucks, tucks all over the place. (Yes I was using a walking foot but I've since learned that the carpet is not a very good place to make a quilt sandwich. Next time I will tape the backing to my linoleum floor. Lesson learned.) But the fabric is black, the tucks are all pretty small and since it's the back I'm not going to worry. Ripping it out at this point would probably mean starting all over again.

I did say that I'd post some pictures of the wonky stitches but unless one of you says "Oh my God! I wouldn't give that quilt to my evil ex-mother-in-law's hairless pet chihuahua (that bites!)" I'll probably leave it the way it is.

I have decided to take the Amish rule as my personal motto. In fact, I'm taking it so seriously that I have built not one but hundreds of errors into my quilt. After all, not only is God the only one who can make a perfect quilt, but God is also the one who blessed us with the technology to make a sewing machine and is therefore really the only one who can figure out how to work the damned thing.

Not bad!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]252096[/ATTACH]

Oh, the horror!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]252097[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-252090.jpe   attachment-252091.jpe