View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 12:14 PM
NorthernDeb

Originally Posted by Sheree from Chicago
Wow! Love the contrast and fabric selection. It almost looks retro.
I love the feathered star pattern, but have not found a paper piecing pattern. Really beautiful. Your stitching looks perfect!
Sheree, I have a couple of paper pieced patterns that I drew up.. one was for a snowflake quilt Im doing and the other for this challenge. Here's a pic of the snowflake block:
[IMG]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...dStarblock.jpg[/IMG]
If you PM me, I can make a copy of this one for you. I gave it to a few friends on block central and one lady made it up... turned out very nice. I think it's an easier one to start with. The block is kind of large.. trying to remember (Im not at home right now), maybe 16" or so.

The challenge quilt was through a quilt store up here in Michigan (www.heartstoholly.com). We were given 4 fabrics (fat 1/8ths) and a month to make (or more) to make a 24" quilt. We could use any design or blocks ... or design our own. We could add any other fabrics, as long as we used at least a small piece of the main four. The quilt has to be done by June 30th and will be judged by shoppers and quilters that come into the shop. It will cost $1 to vote and the proceeds benifit a charity. The winner will win a basket of sewing goodies worth $100. Not bad huh?