View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 04:03 PM
LastGrandma

I was running errands Friday, so I stopped at the local SA store and found a +7 yd piece of pink material (with little tiny white hearts)for $6.99 and a + 3 yd piece of material (green 9 patch) for $2.99. I love paying $1 yd for material.

Then later that day I went to a garage sale that had advertised fabric for sale. So when I got there a few minutes after they opened, a woman was already taking the best cotton material from the small stack, so when I asked the homeowner if there was anymore fabric, she pointed to a pink storage tub that was full to the brim with "scraps". Well, I paid $3 for the material AND tub and brought it home. Sent all day Friday washing the items, finally finished ironing them today.

They are mostly scraps from sewing, but almost all were over a fat quarter's worth, some several yards, and many fine for blocks or strips. There were cotton, flannel, fleece, and corduroy. One piece, not included in the photo below, is just what I needed to make for a baby quilt for the new grandparent-to-be across the street.

All in all a great fabric day! Thanks for reading and looking...

The back row is fllece and flannel, middle row far right are cordoroy, all the rest are cotton scraps sorted by color!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]252159[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-252153.jpe