Thread: Machine Pricing
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 04:14 PM
ncredbird

Something I found interesting during my reading today about someone having issues with a Janome machine is that the warranty comes through the dealer not Janome. So, if you buy your machine with warranty from a dealer that dealer will honor the warranty but if you are not happy with that dealer for any reason and want to take your machine to another Janome dealer they do not get reimbursed by Janome to do your warranty work. And many of them will not honor your warranty. That doesn't say much for Janome especially in a society like ours where people move from one part of the country to another at the drop of a hat. In my case, my Janome dealer went out of business within 6 weeks after I purchased my machine. Of course they knew they would be going out of business but never bothered to inform their potential customers of that fact. I haven't had any need to have any work done, but I do believe they arranged to have another dealer about 50 miles from me take on their warranty work. One of the reasons I bought Janome rather than another machine was because they were the closest dealer to me in this rural area. And if you purchase on line you may have a warranty but good luck trying to get it honored without having to pack up your machine and send it back to the vendor you purchased it from. Ann in TN