View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Fixedgearhead

Originally Posted by Fixedgearhead
Here is one of the pieces of furniture in my sewing room that is dedicated purpose built for sewing. It is a thread/supplies case made out of solid Cherry with all dovetail and mortise and tenon construction. This shows the level of obsession with organization that can infect an otherwise perfectly rational mind.
John
For all of you who commented on my sense of organization. It is something I learned while doing woodworking. There is a place for everything and it takes far less time to keep it neat and tidy than to chase around turning everything over looking for that "lost" item. When I am working on a quilt I do get a bit messier but I clean up a bit before I knock off for lunch, and then I clean and vacuum and clean up at the end of the day. Nothing is worse than coming into a room that is torn up and trying to get going. I think of the cleaning as part of the quilting process. I should get a picture of our stove, and post it with all the copper cookware that I clean and shine up so it is presentable. We use it every day.
John