View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 04:42 PM
carolaug

This is the quilt I just finished for my 90 year old Aunt that lives in Vermont. She gave me a bag full of scraps during a family reunion. I told her I would make her a quilt. She said that she wanted a green quilt...most of her fabric was purple, not green...I put them together and was worried that the purple was taking over. I went and bought some green borders and a green leaf border...it worked. I think it now calls out the green. I also put flannel on for the backing for those cold Vermont winters. I did find a tutorial on a binding (sew the corners to the edge corner) and for the first time I can say I am proud of the binding...even though I did sew it by hand. My Aunt is a sewer....so I was afriad to sew by machine even though its easier.Handsewing is a pain but it was worth it for this one. I also used a messiger (hope I spelled that right) glove on the hand that was holding the needle...Highly recommend using that glove when hand sewing! no hurt fingers and you can really handle the needle with ease. My husband and I will hand deliver it to her one day this week. Vermont here we come...Hope she like it.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-252186.jpe