View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Aunt Sue

Originally Posted by jlin52
Thank you Aunt Sue - glad the poor orphan block finally has a home. Hope the flood waters and power outages haven't affected you or your family too much. This end of the State hasn't been affected. We have sent Volunteer Firemen & Medics to help out where needed.
I personally haven't been affected by the floods(I'm at the high end of town) but the other end of town has been hit severely. We have been without power, phones and cable on and off. My Mom had a flooded cellar. In the last two weeks our town has had an earthquake, floods, hurricane Irene and last night a tornado whipped through hitting some of the area hit by the floods. All of this is very unusual for us here in this part of the state.

Here is a link to some pics I posted of my city in the floods.....very sad. Some of the towns surrounding us have lost everything. We are in Montgomery Co.....and next to Schenectady Co. If you google it you can see lots of pics. Makes you appreciate what you have.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-148659-1.htm

I'm trying to get my guild to put together a group to make quilts for the victims of the storms. My husband and I went and filled our SUV with cases of water and delivered it to one of the areas over the weekend. Most areas have stopped taking donations of clothing, furniture and such until the people have houses to put it in. We will make it through as long as we stick together. Many Thanks to your town for sending help!