View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 08:19 PM
heyjami

Gorgeous Quilts Barb M!

Originally Posted by valleyquiltermo
Originally Posted by valleyquiltermo
Originally Posted by Barb M
All of my quilts are done with thrift store bed sheets, front and back, except for a few lovely pieces of quilters cotton, that have been gifted to me. The biggest reason is this. They are already washed, and have been washed many times. There are no worries how the fabric might come out after being washed. I don't know anything about thread count. What i do is i can see if it wrinkles easy, i can see if there is any pilling, and i can tell by the feel if it is a nice fabric that's already stood the test of time. And you can tell by the feel if there is polyester in it, or if it's cotton. People are stunned when they see my quilts, and i say it's all, front and back, thrift store sheets. I don't think of this as for just so-so quilts, i take great pride in being as thrifty as i can, even though i know this isn't for everyone.
Do you have some of your quilts posted here, I would love to see them, I just know they are beautiful.
And so as I usually do, I didn't read the fine print. I just did and went to your site, your quilts are lovely. No one would know they came from sheets.