View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 03:54 PM
MadeinMaine

Jaime - my prayers to you and your family. If you don't have a toll-free # to the hospital, make sure that when you call the Social Services person that you ask him to call you right back so he is paying for the call instead of you. Whenever a doctor calls you, tell them that you are still waiting for help and they might be kind enough to give Social Services a kick in the ass! So good that you have a friend that you can "put to work" doing calls and requests and other tasks that you can't possibly be able to do at this point just because of sheer exhaustion and worry. She will be your energy for now. God Bless her! The pastor service could be a very good source for you if they know what your situation is. Can you camp your other children out with friends for the weekend at least so you and your husband can go to the hospital then and not worry about home for a few hours? Bet your friend could make some calls and get that to happen for you, if you don't have family nearby. Please PM me if you have Irving Gas stations near you and include your home address - I have a gas gift card I will gladly mail to you. If you have a toll-free # to the hospital, talk with the charge nurse and sometimes they are the ones with the heart that can make extraordinary things happen, too. You need all the angles (and angels) you can find now, so if you can do the hospital calls and your friend(s) can do other calls, that will help spread the load.
Please let us know if you cannot call the hospital for free, and maybe some of us could send calling cards to you if that's a need.
Our prayers for your strength!