View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 02:46 AM
Maggiem

Originally Posted by hope4me
I use whatever I'd want for myself. Once, many years back I was homeless due to the loss of my husband and with 3 small children. I was so embarassed for some of the things people gave to me and my children. I felt I had lost my husband, my home, but not my taste. That first Christmas I found myself and two children in a homeless shelder, I asked for a doll, for my then 4 year old daugher, a doll she could cuddle and comfort her and a dress she could wear for Chrstmas day, more for me than her I think, anyway, she received a Barbie doll, with one arm missing. and a torn dress. I cryed. Since then God has blessed me, and I make as many fancy dresses and Raggedy Ann dolls dressed to match, as I can each year and take them to homeless shelders. Unfortunately, lately, the shelders tell me that little girls no longer wear "fufu" dresses and send me away. Go Figure?
May God continue to bless you and your family. Your story of courage and dignity brought tears to my eyes. You're a wonderful person.