Old 09-06-2011, 04:29 AM
mimisharon

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
Don't let quilting become a power struggle....."no, I can out give YOU"!.....allow this couple their blessing.

Obviously their heart intent is to bless you, and for the giving they are blessed in return.

Graciously accept whatever they offer and, without explanation, put it toward a class, as suggested by Karen, to improve your skills so you might be in position to earn further monies for skill. They will consider it seed planed in good soil. :-)

Jan in VA
I'm with Jan, take the blessing and pass it on in learning and experience when you have the chance.

Have they told you what size quilt they want? Have they looked at designs and fabrics? You may ask them if they have any clothing and or mementos they would like in it to defray costs. (You can find many tutorials here to help with how to cut the blocks out of clothing) Let them pay for the batting, thread, backing, and whatever they want added to it. Let them be blessed with your joy in more experience and you be blessed with the confidence they show in you! They must think a lot of you and have a wish to be in on your experiences as you learn. Mistakes are just the hugs to go with your love in the making of the quilt, my dear friend Amma told me. Enjoy the process and don't agonize (sp.)

Hugs,
Sharon