View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 04:55 AM
gramma mo

I just finished this "puppy" quilt for my DGD who will turn 2 in a few weeks. I got the quilt top in Texas from Debbie U when I went to the Granbury TX retreat in May (with np3) When we got home I took a hand embroidery class with our quilt guild that inspired me. I decided to fill in the empty muslin snowballs with little figures, so I googled
"puppy coloring pages" and found these little outlines. I traced them with a fine mechanical lead pencil.
This quilt top went with me on several road trips for something to do in the car - but it would have been MUCH easier if I had embroidered the puppies BEFORE it was all sewn together! One block at a time would have been easier to handle:) My DSIL provided the batting, and a lovely lady we know quilted it for me - so it was really a group project!
It will go with me to Portland OR in a few weeks when I go up for my DGD's birthday. I already have her next one planned - I'm afraid she'll have a big stack of quilts by the time she's ten!

There were 7 puppy pictures - so I just used each one 3 times
[ATTACH=CONFIG]252321[/ATTACH]

I found the stripe for the binding the other day - it was perfect!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]252322[/ATTACH]

I love how the LAQ outlined the figures
[ATTACH=CONFIG]252323[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-252315.jpe   attachment-252316.jpe   attachment-252317.jpe