View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 05:37 AM
DeniseP

I have heard that Babylock machines are very user friendly. If I was buying another home embroidery machine I would look into one. I bought a Bernina six years ago and the classes that came with the machine were not very helpful. I told the owner of the shop that I felt the "guide classes" were more of a marketing ploy to get me to buy extra feet, designs and software for the machine, which of course, I did. I learned how to embroider using the book that came with the machine and lots of patience. This is something new so don't feel stupid if you don't get it at first. You didn't know what to do with a sewing machine the first time you used one. I wish I had bought a used one to start with also. I was afraid to buy online and wanted the "service with the sale". My dealer turned out to be a jerk who treats his customers like crap. Ask around your area and when you find a good dealer, try the machine out and make them tell you why you should spend the money on it. Don't be shy, this is alot of money to most people and you want to be informed about the machine you buy.

I am now about to buy a used industrial machine and I can't wait to get it! I will have no lessons, but I am confident that I can learn since I taught myself the first one. Good luck in your search, I would love to know what you end up buying.:)