View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 07:32 AM
fromthenestdesigns

Originally Posted by giapet
Cut strips for the baby quilt. I cut them 2" , ended up with 4 strips each out of the 10 different fabrics. Now that I have them cut wondering if there is going to be too much white in it. The baby's nursery is done in brown and green monkeys that she bought which she added touches of pink too since she's having a girl.

I plan on piecing the strips together till there's enough to cut blocks, then turning every other one. There's one like that in this thread that is beautiful.

Used a new cutting ruler that I added little thin cork pads too, they worked even nicer than the sand dots to keep your cutting edge from shifting. Probably cheaper too since they're from the hardware store.

Oh, thinking I would start with the dark strip on the right and sew these together in the order shown in the picture. Do you think it needs more dark or colored fabric if I add a darker small border with a lighter gingham check large border to finish? My first one so a bit nervous here, lol. Thanks, Karen
I think you are definately on the right track. I would do all the strips in the order you have them. light to dark. I wouldn't add more dark. It looks great! Love your cork idea. I'm going to try it! Can't wait to see how it turns out. Cute!