Old 09-06-2011, 08:32 AM
Feathers

Originally Posted by dunster
I just finished this quilt last night, all but the hanging sleeve. k3n's pattern has lovely flowers in the corners, but I used a different design because I thought my fabrics called for something simpler. This is the first time I've done the Celtic bars and I learned a lot, so hopefully next time they will have better corners. This has been a fun pattern to make. I added borders so my quilt is about 56" square. The second picture is a better indication of the color than the first and third one. The background is a beautiful pale yellow, mottled with darker yellows and gold. I wish I had a lot more of that fabric. I quilted the light areas with a gold Metro embroidery thread, mostly feathers and swirls, and used a blue thread on the dark areas. I used W&N batting and did the quilting freehand on my Innova longarm.

Here is the link to k3n's pattern:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-132474-1.htm
Dunster....your quilt is gorgeous just as all your quilts are. Great job! Did you make it to Quilttilyoudrop's get-together on Saturday? I'm anxious to hear how the day went. Thanks for sharing your work with all of us.