View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 11:13 AM
AFQSinc

I'm working on a wallhanging. I checked my block measurements as I made them. They were off; I admit that. I foolishly chose to carry on. I added the sashing thinking I could correct the mistake but it couldn't be done. So I took the outer sashing pieces off and redid one of the offending blocks. That solved most of the problem. The center should be 22 1/2" square. Once I did the above and squared up the center I'm at 20" square - give or take. When I measured through the center for my vertical inner border it was 20". But my horizontal measure ment was 19.75 (if I'm reading the measurement correctly) I need to get to 22 1/2 because the outer border is made of up HSTs (I've already made them) and I don't want to cut any of them down if possible. Here is my idea:

Make a new outer border. The vertical strips would be
2 1/2" wide and the horizontal strips would be 2 3/4" wide. Then the outer border would be the HSTs and they should fit exactly. I'm hoping.

Does that make sense? Or would that 1/4" difference in width throw it off again. Is there a better way to correct this?