View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Gramyx7

My step Mother had mentioned she liked a fan quilt I had made several yrs ago... So, about 4 yr's ago I started this one. I knew she liked green, and I had boughten Maywoods reproduction green, thought I would use that. When I went to buy more, they quit making it.. :( So, the blades have Real Feed Sacks in them, (not all the blades are real feed sacks), and I used the reproduction green, since it's scrappy, we used scrappy bias tape around the fans. My Granddaughter helped with the quilting.. some of the quilting, I did the feathering, she did the serpintine stitch around the blocks and over the fan and on a few of the blades... She is going to be good :) Mom Does not know that her Great Granddaughter helped with this quilt... We are in the process of making a label.. with 4 generations on it, because my daughter helped with most of the cutting...
We used Hobb's 80/20, its hot in Texas, and a natural muslin backing...
Again, the binding is sewn on but, my daughter and Granddaughter are sewing it down... :)
Thanks for looking
Attached Thumbnails attachment-252578.jpe   attachment-252579.jpe   attachment-252580.jpe   attachment-252581.jpe