View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 11:42 AM
pennyswings

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Originally Posted by k3n
Love them Penny! The 'redwork' quilting is fantastic! Wish I was good enough either by hand or machine to use a contrasting thread - I always go for a toning one!

Can I ask what the goldfish fabric is? It would be perfect for a One Block Wonder.
K:
Thanks for the compliments it was fun to do.
The fabric is from Kona Bay's 2008 fabric collection called NOBU-28. I found this web site for Asian Fabrics. http://www.debsews2.com/ She mostly sells by the 1/2 yard and up. She is very nice to deal with and quick to answer your emails with answers to any questions. You know how I can talk, LOL. She has beautiful fabrics, a nicely laid out web site and she ships worldwide. I ordered 6 yards of fabric when I made the order and it only cost me $12.00USD to ship to me here in Argentina. She sent me the 5 inch squares I used in the red table runner as samples when she sent me the material. I do not know if she always does this but it was a nice touch.
I did look for this material while I was answering your email but did not see the same material. She does have other fish patterns thouigh, just type "fish" but she also has other fabrics designs in similar colors. Just let me warn you now, you are going to go crazy. She has some japanese fabric I have not seen anywhere else.
Anything else you would like to know just PM me.
Penny