Thread: Machine Pricing
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 03:01 AM
QuiltswithConvicts

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I was put out when the Bernina dealer didn't have pricing on the machines. I had to ask. And still didn't get an up front answer. I got the What features are you looking for? and more questions and a push toward the fancier machine models. I just wanted to know the price of what I was looking at. I finally told the lady if she couldn't tell me the price of that machine (finger pointed to it) then I was walking out. She just looked at me so I walked out. I bought a new Janome that had the price written right on the tag.
The Bernina Store in Albuquerque has the prices on each machine, but I think this might be a case of, " If you have to ask, you can't afford it." The 830 (I think that's the number) is over $13,000!!!!!!!! I bought my first Janome at a place in Milwaukee that didn't have the prices on their machines, either. BUT, the sales person didn't steer me to the priciest model, but rather the lowest in the line! I bought the Memory Craft 3000 for $799. I love that machine & it's still hums right along. I did want a machine with a few more bells & whistles, do 5 years ago, I got the 6600P! I love, love , love my Janomes!!!