Thread: Machine Pricing
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 06:36 AM
Grannymom

Here's another question - what is it that these $$$ machines do that make people willing to mortgage the house to buy them?
I have old Singers - METAL, that do fancy stitches, sew forever, sound good, if the motor dies - put on another motor....
I also have a brother and a singer embroidery machines that 'do everything but wash the dishes' and fortunately I got them from 'george' way back when...
I can't fathom spending 2, 3, or more thousands of dollars for a sewing machine = possibly if I were in a sewing business and depending on a machine, but it WOULD have to wash the dishes - and run the sweeper too!
These machines have computer motherboards - just like the computer you are using to be on the internet - the software generates the different stitches - if the motherboard dies, there goes the machine...

Now, think about the last time you upgraded your computer - all new goodies, all new software but the prices are holding or even going down in some cases - so why not with the COMPUTER sewing machines?

It's just like the embroidery software - outrageous prices - their excuse? well we only sell a 'few' copies so we HAVE to charge those prices to pay us back for the work....

Frankly, sewing machines, embroidery machines are areas where you DO NOT get what you pay for...