Old 09-07-2011, 06:48 AM
Annie68

Originally Posted by SmickChick
I just came from a guild meeting. where we watched a film by
Jenalia Moreno, director of "Stitched, the Film".
Stitched is a fun-filled documentary following three quilters racing to complete their entries for the International Quilt Festival, ... Quilting legend Caryl Bryer Fallert , Hollis Chatelain ,and Randall Cook...
The film was very good and depicted the world of quilting very well. Her husband was allowed access to film the judging of the IQF Houston show. We saw just a sample.
She mentioned that she had to spend a lot of time marketing her film (selling dvds). During the Q&A after the film, one woman asked about the access to the judging. I bet that if the full version of the judges comments was included, she would sell a copy to EVERY entrant!

Also, her film showed the "rub" between the traditional and the art quilters. (I'm an art quilter, so I'm biased) but it seems that the traditional quilters, more that the art quilters, have their "threads in a wad" over the expanse of the quilting world today.
So what do you think: are art quilts really "fiber arts" and not quilts????
I own "Stitched" the film, and have watched it over and over, very enjoyable! I love both traditional and art quilts.
:thumbup: