Thread: My summer purse
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 03:11 PM
RedGarnet222
Power Poster

Thanks! This is pattern number B4148 (view A) of the Butterick pattern company. I have made tons of them for gifts. They are a little hard to figure out the first time you make it and I do add to it a little here and there, but it is a great pattern. The handles came from a local quilt store called, "Windy Moon Quilts". It is on line if you are interested in buying a set. They are very nice people there. I think these ran somewhere around fifteen dollars.

My friend who hangs at a bar near the airport with her boyfriend, gets people wanting a purse like hers all the time. I have made her about four or five of them. She say's even people in the grocery store have fits over them. Same with my sis and sis in laws. I have really had fun making these and also Mcall's M5340 in the round style (D) view. I have done a few vougue ones that are very nice, but tons of work in precious fabrics of silk and velvet. Fun, but time consuming detail work.

I plan on making a few for my buddy to take and sell soon. (To feed my ever wanting fabric habit) I have some toile that is going to be a great purse when it is done for summer.

Sorry I didn't mean to go on so. Thanks for enjoying the purse.