Old 09-07-2011, 11:15 AM
Bennett

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Looking for information please--A friend bought this Singer 201 Centenial machine at a Salvation Army auction for $5.00. Inside was the owners information, personal address book, etc. When the friend got to looking at the names in the book, he recognized that it was a high society list of the important people in Ft Worth Texas in the mid 1950's. How fun!!
They have never seen a cabinet like this, and wondered if it is unusual or if it had a "style" name, Really anything on it.
Thanks,

Texas Jan
As Charlee said, not really rare. I have the same one--with a 201 Centenial too. :) (June 13, 1950, Elizabeth, NJ allotment). This was my 1st vintage machine. I found it at an estate sale here in Wichita Falls, not too far away from your friend's machine. Love the storage space in it. The built-in pedal slides back in to stay out of the way when you push the bench in. Mine has a small bench seat rather than a chair. I actually just found the spool holder that Charlee mentioned, never knew I had it tucked away in the bench storage! It has a nice solid feel, and I like the deco styling.