View Single Post
Old 12-08-2007, 09:33 AM
dcurvey

I bought it in eBay and my son paid me back...that's how his Christmas shopping works :D It's about $30 but if you look around on ebay you can get it a bit cheaper.

Within Quilt Design Wizard there is a libraby of blocks, like pinwheel, that you can use to build your quilt. There is also a library of fabrics that you can choose so your quilt image will have a colour scheme. You use these to build a quilt design. Based upon the fabrics you chose, you get yardage estimates. Now you won't actually get them in the store but you can play around with the colours.

The free downloads each have about 2 new blocks which are not in the library. I fyou wanted to use them you would have to open the downloaded project, select the block and then add to favourites. Once added to the favourites you can then use the block in your own project. It's the same with the fabric. For the downloaded fabric to be available you have to add it to your favourites and then you can pick it from another quilt.

Picking is a matter of clicking on a block and then clicking on where you want it to go in the layout. It's easy to set 2 blocks as alternating. The same when you choose a fabric, you select by colour for instance then click on which part of the quilt you want to look that way...for instance a border.

It relatively simple to use