Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by Kas
Originally Posted by Kas
Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts
it's leaves aren't jagged like in the pictures on line
If the leaves do not look like the ones on the internet then its not it. You probably have a weed. Also the fact that its in your yard and the neighbors points to a weed as well.

Hope the poison ivy clears up. I have never gotten it but heard its painful

You probably have a weed? LOL! Isn't that what she was afraid of? Still giggling over here! How many leaves does it have?
5 & 7 fanned leaves - actually there are 3 plants that I saw - some shoots come up out of the ground and are pretty tall before they get a leaf. Some stalks have several branches with leaves on the ends. They have white flowers on the ends - very fragrant. DH told me they were all along the fence. He was referring to jewel weed. He got it mixed up because it is right in there with the beautiful fragrant white flowered very tall plant that isn't poison ivy or jewel weed. DH can't tell a dandelion from a clover.... under there I saw some day lilies that were too crowded to get day light. There are azaleas and some nice ground covers lots of spring bulbs. There are also some huge trees that used to be ornamental and pretty. Then there are locust trees and mulberry trees EVERYWHERE in the same garden. I don't think I have poison ivy too bad - just a ton of bug bits and they cleared up - benedryl helped a lot
Nope. Not that kind of weed. Bad weed has hairy, brownish flowers from what I have seen on the net. Watched some flower on Youtube. If it smells pretty, leave it. You are safe from the law!
I kind of thought they were safe. You'd think if they weren't somebody would have harvested them a long time ago... Not all hairy at all. Thanks. Some of them spike up to 7 ft tall.
It is a butterfly weed I mean bush. It was full of humming birds, bees and butterflies earlier this summer. The flowers smell real nice. The poison ivy has come and gone a few times and I have one little patch again. sigh.

Oh brother, I managed to do it twice... so sorry.