Old 09-08-2011, 03:30 AM
QuiltswithConvicts

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore
Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Losie, this is the first break in the temps since it got so very hot back in April. Our last measurable rainfall was August 4, 2010. We had about 1/4" today. I wasn't complaining about not having the A/C running 24/7 or the fact that we've been breaking all sorts of records for the # on days in a row over 90º or 100º. Aaaagggghhhhh. This has been one horrific year for ecverybody, weatherwise.
Do you get a break in the weather during the winter? We had a terrible drought for 2 years and the lakes were so low the boat ramps and docks were high and dry. We haven't taken our boat out in 2 years. We've had some decent rain this summer and so we hope to be able to go boating this fall & winter. DH loves to go out in his boat and I usually take a book and go along for the ride, but I am thinking about my quilting while I am gone. I figure he is so good to me that I'll do what I can to make him happy.

:D :D :D
Losie, We normally have a mild winter, compared to those we had in New England & Wisconsin, but this past winter, we had a really cold snap the first week in February with one night where the temp dropped to -3º. That broke 3 water pipes at our place & just about everybody else here had broken pipes. We were without water for almost 2 weeks before everything got fixed. The poor plumbers were working 12-16 hour days non-stop to get everybody fixed up.

We don't get much in the way of snow, but lots of freezing fog - something I had never experienced before moving here!

Thanksgiving is sweater weather & Christmas was white one year! We had about 3" of snow on Christmas Eve. Was melted by church time Christmas day, though. When we do get snot, it's almost always at night & melted by 10 am. Somewhere I posted a pic of snow on Super Bowl Sunday. I'll see if I can find it. Here it is.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-22961-886.htm#4112257