Old 09-08-2011, 04:51 AM
himnherr

I made this Turning Twenty for a friend of mine who is getting married in October. She will be moving into her husband's house after they're married. When I asked her what colors her bedroom would be she said "well, Aaron's house is mostly brown". Sounds like it could be drab but I hear it is really nice. I wondered what she'd do to make her mark on it. Well, she decided to do a splash of red! So, here's my contribution to it. :-) I named it "Autumn in the Ozarks" and the longarmer did an overall pattern of oak leaves and maple leaves and vines. I LOVE it! I have only, up to this point, made labels on that fabric you run through your computer. But, this time I decided to try something different. I found the clipart of the acorns and leaves on MS Word and used Lucida Handwriting for the font and just traced it onto some muslin and hand embroidered it. On my next one I will make the lettering a bit bigger and a space in between each letter as thread is thicker than ink. Other than that, I'm really happy with the label. What ya think? This is a QS.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-253136.jpe   attachment-253137.jpe   attachment-253138.jpe   attachment-253139.jpe   attachment-253140.jpe