Old 09-08-2011, 05:08 AM
Suzi

[quote=shelburn]Thanks to vintagemotif--have searched the Singer website, even tried calling them. HA! busy, busy, busy! Fourth try a recorded message asked me to wait, then promptly hung up!!
searched Ismacs, etc.
Mitchsmom--I think I will have to settle for the date 1967 for a birthdate! My friend has a 301 that is similar and she dates hers as about 1964. We had that thing apart because she took it in for service and it came back with the same problem. We took it apart(2 people=moral support!
and found that it had not been cleaned or lubricated. We did what the instructions said and it came out fine!! She loves her 301.
Miriam-- I have not had much chance to play with it, just got the manual off the internet. What little I have done with it seems like it is a sturdy machine with a decent stitch. Am clearing a spot in my workshop to put it and then we will give her the old college try!!! I like what I see so far!
I thing I am starting to see a "comand Center" developing!! Not a lot of space as I have only half a room.
My husband reloads amunition in the other half and the room is not that big. We need room for the woodstove as it is an outbuilding. I thought about setting a machine up in the house cause I use the dining room table for a cutting table for large projects.
Everyone is so helpful on this board. I just breeze through the newsletter now and head for this VSM.
Thanks again for your help. Now have five machines. No room for more (I think!!!)[/quote

Just a comment here: PLEASE be careful in that outbuilding as fire and gunpowder sure don't mix!!! (Reloading/woodburner ..............)