Old 09-08-2011, 07:47 AM
majormom

Originally Posted by wildyard
Originally Posted by majormom
One night while laying awake trying to figure how to put my quilt together without having to sew back panels, I thought of this very same idea! I was so excited that I couldn't go to sleep! In the morning I started my wonderful plan. A couple of days later, I found a site online (can't remember whose) that gave directions that were basically the same idea as mine! And now here you are doing it the same way! I have to say it's the greatest way to get your quilt together and quilted if you are using a regular home machine. It goes along so smoothly and when you are done, it looks like it was done on a LAQ! I had done a QAYG some time back and had quilted 12" squares and then had sewn them together in the usual manner of QAYG. Didn't really like it. This new way is super. (If I do say so myself! ;)
Just goes to prove that great minds think alike, right? And where was your tutorial to save me all this thinking??? LOLOL Just kidding, my brain needs it's exercise more than ever these days.
Hugs and smiles...
Now my face is red
:oops: What a twit I am. I never gave it a thought - I was so excited about working on my OWN quilt. Whew, I'm ashamed.