View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 09:14 AM
Candy Apple Quilts

Christmas is my favorite time of year, and this quilt tops my list of things that can make me start singing Christmas carols! While working on this beautiful quilt, I could imagine cookies baking, twinkling lights, and the sound of jingle bells.

My customer Bev did a beautiful job piecing this quilt from The Quilt Company, and it was truly a joy for me to do the quilting on it! The quilt is called Holly Lane, and you can see a link to it on my web site in the link below. You can also see all ten photos of this quilt on my site.

We decided to use Christmas bells, holly leaves, hearts, and stars in the separate borders to add even more fun to the quilt. Each of the four corners has a crisp snowflake. Bev still has a little more work to do. There are red buttons to be sewn on all the way around the outer border, tiny door knobs to add, slower buttons in the windows, and hand-stitched smoke from one of the chimneys. A dark green binding will finish the edges of this quilt. Each house features a layer of high-loft polyester batting to make it really stand out from the background.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Holly Lane
[ATTACH=CONFIG]253295[/ATTACH]

Close-up of border
[ATTACH=CONFIG]253296[/ATTACH]

Stuffed Christmas Cottage
[ATTACH=CONFIG]253297[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-253289.jpe   attachment-253290.jpe   attachment-253291.jpe