Old 09-08-2011, 09:32 AM
fladack

Hello, I made a big mistake and now am trying to figure out what to do. I've been working on a banner for my church all summer. It is a bunch of bright multicolored appliques on a pale white/blue background which looks a little bit like clouds. I had a lot of bright yellow fabric which I used for the backing and Large label which has all the names of the kids of the church on it. I quilted through the label. I put the quilt in the washer in cold water, no detergent, on rinse and spin only to get out all my blue marking pen lines. The blue pen came out beautifully. The yellow apprently (oops) was not prewashed and has bled through in pale yellow blotches especially in the area of the label which is in the lower third of the quilt. I ran it through again with color catchers twice. It's still there.

So do I just keep dong this till the color all bleeds out?

Rather than continuing to try to get it out should I think of a way to cover it up? For example: should I run it though with some extra of the yellow thrown in, in hopes that the yellow will bleed evenly every where? Is there some other creative thing I could do?