View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 09:49 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by Quiltmaniac2010
Izy wrote: "Oh that's a beautiful quilt too! I have just got to stitch the binding down on my version which I will be doing over the next few days while we are having a peaceful few days away!

Here's a link to mine in case you missed it:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-149126-1.htm"

Hi Izy: Yours is a stunner!! I love scrappies - you are such an inspiration. So how did you quilt yours? Thankfully I have a longarm and didn't have to wrestle like you did! Yes, I love the versatility of this pattern too. I chain-pieced until I had miles of little pieces coming out the back of my sewing machine!!
I did diagonally through the 4 patch and SID around the light diamonds and dark centres...but stopped and started working down the row...lots of tails to deal with but easier than trying to turn the quilt around and around. Then zigzagged SID on the outer diamond border. It's enough, I can do meandering but this is just tooo big for me to cope with. My other large quilts I usually do in two halves then stitch together and finish off quilting down the seam but I got carried away with this one and before I knew it..poof it was done and too big tee hee!