View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 09:18 PM
zzzGP
Banned

I am not sure where or when I copied this photo but I liked it at the time and thought I could use it later. I believe it was originally posted last August or September. My apologies to the person who made this quilt and posted it. I really like it but never thought I would be posting it online.

I am trying to adapt this to fit a special need that I have. We have a king size bed but like a lot of couples we have different needs. What I want to do is to eventually make two quilts of this same pattern but in different colors and “sizes.” My situation is I have to use a ‘foot tent’ due to a neurological condition. So, for my side of the bed, I want my quilt to be about 60” wide and 108” long and maybe longer. Yes, I know that is an odd size, but I have special needs. I understand that is the length of a king anyway. The quilt for my wife’s side of the bed should be 60” wide and 108” also I think. This would sure prevent any pulling, tugging and make for a better night of sleep maybe.

So, if anyone knows what the pattern is, could you let me know? It might be that the person who made this quilt might read this also. If not…could someone help me determine sizes for the blocks, sashing and borders? The nine patch blocks are smaller than the other ones in the block and the corner blocks are different also. They seem to be large blocks so I believe two blocks wide with the borders would be about the right width. I was blessed with the fabric to make it so I’m ready to go.

I so hope I’m not doing anything wrong by posting someone else’s quilt…but again…I really like it.

Thanks for helping GrandPa!

Three Colour Quilt I would like to adapt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]253636[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-253630.jpe