Old 09-09-2011, 02:48 AM
Christine27

I took my mom to the fair last night, with the intention of looking at sewing machines. She was scared of going with a computerized model, but the saleslady was awesome at making it so easy for my mom. My mom's eyesight is not what it used to be, but she'd like to try making doll clothes and dolly quilts for the granddaughters, so she tried one out and decided she could do it! She was going to take time to think on it, but as she chatted with the saleslady about my mom's first childhood machine, she just felt like it was right for her.

My mom was a little freaked out by how much it cost, but she got over it! ;) This is the same momma who financed a long arm and frame for my sister-in-law and me, without batting an eye! She just has a hard time spending money on herself! I'm doing my best to help her get over that :-D

So, in the family, this is our 5th machine this year, all from the same LQS. When we get into something, we all jump on the bandwagon! :lol: And, we REALLY love our LQS!

When we got home, she was so excited and finally had to call my sister in law to tell her all about it. Now she's just got to wait til next week to pick it up at the LQS and to get her lesson. The wait will be torture! :P