View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Helovesme

I can't technically call him "mine", but we had a helmet head guinea fowl drop outta the sky from somewhere ? right into our neighborhood about 5 or 6 months ago. Dangest thing, and he is still around. We have named him Gilbert(we think it's a him), he sees us drive up after work or if we come out of the house he comes running! I love this bird. He is very unique and quirky, but I'm attached. People drive down the street and stop to take pictures. I feed and water him daily and a few other neighbors have started putting seed out as well. He eats all the bugs - I didn't see one June bug on my porch this year. People stop to ask about him and the thing is - I don't know where he goes at night, but he ALWAYS comes back to our house and hangs out in our yard the most. I've been caught talking to him...LOL. I suppose that's why people ask if he's ours. The school children (and the parents) love watching him as they walk to school everyday. He doesn't eat out of my hand, but lets us get pretty darn close. He loves our dog, who we have trained not to go after him. While we live in a regular old neighborhood, we do have a lot of undeveloped land/forest behind the house with deer, skunk, racoons, and whatnot and nothing has "eaten" him yet.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-253841.bmp   attachment-253842.bmp   attachment-253843.bmp