View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 12:27 PM
Happy Treadler

Oh Gilbert is SEW cute! Just so you know, boy birds can only make a one-syllable sound, whereas girls do two syllable ("buck-wheat").

I only have these 3 (so far!) and will be getting chickens in the spring (which won't be 'free roaming') so they won't be quite as loud as a big herd of them. ha ha One of the perks is the noise they make although I've heard they do get annoying, especially when you have a lot of them. I'll tell ya, these three did NOT like my in-laws. I was cleaning their coop 2 weeks ago when they showed up & these guys carried on like mad. Never heard a peep out of them before that! I bugged hubby get our our security system hooked up, and he never did (we live in a remote area). Now I don't think I'll need one if these guys stick around. I just think they are the quirkiest birds. I hear they love looking at themselves in the mirror. Gotta find an old mirror somewhere! :)

Wanted to show you all a pic of them a bit farther away. They're pretty big now. I'm afraid to name them for fear they go away, although I am already attached.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-253890.jpe