Thread: Lighting
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 04:36 PM
RugosaB

A year ago, when my husband was refinishing my dining room into my sewing room, I thought I was doing so well. I found the Ott wanna be-s at Odd Lots and Kmart, for a much cheaper price so bought 1 table and 2 floor styles.

After 8 months, 2 died, and I knew I'd have to wait for a lull in my husband's work to send them back. They had a 2 year warranty. Just the other day, the 3rd one died. Figures, now there's time to send them. But, I don't think I'm going to waste my money shipping them back, or my time. I noticed on the reviews posted by others that this particular company sold inferior products, too bad I didn't look into that before. One even suggested keeping the original packing, because they will have to be returned.

The light they gave out, when they worked, was wonderful, just wonderful.

I know Ott lights are popular, and I have found out that Joann's is quite overpriced, even with a coupon. My question is, from your experience, are they of what you consider good quality?

I have 5 (don't ask, but yes, 5) of these bulbs

I would really like to buy lights that use them.

Anyone got any experience to add? I'd hate to buy these and wish I would have asked before I bought them

I've come across other brands too, Daylight comes to mind right now. Anyone with experience with then?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-253976.jpe