Thread: I need help!
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 04:33 AM
callmemolly

I checked this board just before I went to bed last night and went to sleep laughing! Ya'll made me laugh about me not being a quilter. KathyK is my SIL, neighbor and friend, and a real quilter, and knows how much handholding I need!!! My husband does 90% of the measuring, cutting, and has even been known to hang out at the fabric store with me when I am stressing out over fabric. (His name goes on the quilt label! :D ) I honestly can't work a jigsaw puzzle!!!! :cry: He won't touch the sewing machine, though. I've been sewing since I was 10 - garments, decorator things, etc. but this puzzle/quilt thing keeps me puzzled!! :lol:

Anyway, I thank you all for the information. I re-oiled my machine and messed with the stitching for a bit. I really do think that may be the problem. I lengthened my stitch, and that seemed to help. I also am pretty sure when I put the spray starch on the pieces I did iron before it was dry. (Live and Learn :cry: ).

I have to tell you a funny story before I go...during construction of this quilt, I told my husband to remind me of the agony if I would ever bring up the quilt word again. Well, yesterday I was working around the house and said to him "you know, when I make the next quilt, I would like to..." Oh brother!!!! Does this mean I have the addiction????? Sigh.

BTW, my husband has been reading these boards over my shoulder and says he is really impressed with this group of people. So am I. Thank you, everyone!! I'll post a picture of the finished project some day. Waiting for that last red border...