View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 04:13 AM
Johanna Fritz

Love the top. IMHO, I don't like the picture with the "redish purple." Red and green are complementary colors on the color wheel, but your lovely greens have a lot of yellow and is a nice "warm" tone. Your reddish purple has blue in it an seems from the computer to read as a "cool" color. If you used something more along the line of a darker peach on the color wheel over to a warmer red, you will see a big difference. The one thing I think is nice is the all green seems to float and is beautifully harmoneous - called analygous. If you add the other color, your eyes will be drawn there and it will distract from the analygous web you have created. I would suggest the dark red as an inner, first binding before a similar greenish border.

Regarding being stuck....I have 2-3 projects always going at once. I wake up and see which one I feel motivated to work on each day. You WILL get sick of it otherwise and be stiffled. Or, if you have a quilting budy or belong to a guild, you can show it to them and ask suggestions. If all else fails, put it neatly away for a week and put your energy in something new. Bring it back out and it will speak to you in a new way.