Old 09-10-2011, 04:29 AM
ladyinpurple135

Originally Posted by sewgray
Need some good recipes that still taste like real food. Thanks
I am also a PWD (person with diabetes) type 2 since 2002. Meals in general are difficult for me as my husband works out of state and only is home from Saturday aftenoon to around 5pm Sunday - so I eat alone the rest of the time. Cooking seems like a waste of time for just one so I started using Weight Watcher meals (I am a lifetime) plus other frozen diet meals. Burned out on them plus the sodium content is horrible.

At a WW meeting recently I heard about the Hungry Girl - there are books and a website - hungrygirl.com - bought some books and found out that they work beautifulloy for type 2 PWD (for the most part). There are lots of recipes on her website and they make small quantities great for 1 or 2 but could e ncreased f you need that. I have to do my own thing with then WW program as it's not geared for diabetics but it works for me with the tweaks. The HG recipes work terrificaly and she also has a TV show.

I am really looking for recipes for 1 or 2 that will satisfy me without hitting all the wrong foods at the drive-thru ('cause it's easy!!). Looking forward to some good recipes for small amounts.

thanks,
Sandy in Mooresville, NC

p.s. - forgot to ask - do you carb count? That's what I was taught and it works the best (at least I think so). Food is my drug of choice!!