View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 07:57 AM
Ninnie
Power Poster

Two weeks ago I took DH to the eye Dr. and he had to get glasses! The whole 9 yards, progressive bifocals, glare resistant etc: Now he has needed them for about 3 years, but wouldn't go, used the drug store cheapies and had about a dozen pair of them, everywhere around the house and in the car and truck. If we went out to dinner, he never could read the menu, and never knew what the price of anything was in the stores. I got tired of being his "Guide Dog", so made him the appointment with my DR. Well, the questions started, "will he put anything in my eyes?" "is it going to hurt?", "what kind of frames should I get?" " don't want them to be noticeable!" etc:
For the next 3 days he moped around, and I could tell something was wrong!You know what I mean, just like a kid who is unhappy. I finally ask him what in the world was wrong and he said, and I quote!! "I'm getting old!!!" After stroking his ego for about an hour , because you all know what a nice person I am, I got fed up and said "GET OVER IT!!!"
He finally picked them up yesterday and came home with them on. I never said a word, just pretended I didn't notice them. Finally he said, "You never even noticed my glasses or said a word!!!"
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Couldn't help myself!

Men are such babies!
:wink: