View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 06:37 AM
grann of 6

I am not sure where this topic belongs, but am sure it will get put in the proper place if this is not right.
Anyhow....I have lots of odd pieces of Warm & Natural batting and didn't want to take the time to order some of that fusible stuff made for this purpose. So I remembered that a "hundred" years ago when I was doing a lot of sewing I had gotten a "truckload" of lightweight fusible interfacing, and decided, why not try cutting some 2" strips of the interfacing and fusing 2 pieces of batting together and see what happens. VOILA! I appears to work. As long as it holds together till I get the quilting done, that's all that matters. So if you are in the money-saving mode as I am, and trying to de-stash, give it a try. I overlapped the 2 pieces of batting a small amount and then cut with a straight edge, removed the excess cuts and then fused the remaining pieces together according to manufacturers directions for the interfacing. You could cut a wavy strip too if you wanted. Later I will do a test quilt and see if it shows.