Old 09-10-2011, 07:07 AM
amazon

Found this in a the bottom of a box at a yard sale, it was folded back-side out and i did not initially see the front. Grabbed it up,lol, because there were several ladies digging beside me,thought I would use it as a backing . While waiting to pay, I took a peek ,realized it was indeed a quilt, asked '"How much? I held my breath, she said '"oh, how about a buck. Whew, thought she was going to say $10. There are 2 blocks and one side of binding that need stitching, the back is flannel same as border, its in great condition. The top is a little worn as you can tell. It 's just the edges of the flannel that have worn away. My initial thought was to put new batting and put a new binding, but it is tied and in some of the squares there is tearing around the tie-off point. :-( :thumbdown: It feels like a cloud its so soft, would be a great napping quilt. On second thought, I'm thinking, make repairs and put a solid flannel (aqua or blue) binding on and call it done. I know that it will take a little time, but I just couldn't pass it up for a buck or let it go to the garbage. What would you do to it? Would you invest the time? **** Added: it looks like a lot of old sheets were used , family clothing, whatever they had. I have several old sheets that have about the same wear that I could swap out.

torn block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]254184[/ATTACH]

torn around the yarn
[ATTACH=CONFIG]254185[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-254177.jpe   attachment-254178.jpe   attachment-254179.jpe