Thread: sewing machine
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 08:24 AM
T.

I agree with the support (locally) and that Sears backs their mechandise/ products. I have used nothing but Kenmore. Last year I got a warranty replacement for the Kenmore, and when I got home, realized that it was made by Janome. I had the other machine for 28 years, and the head is guarranteed for 30 years, but I couldn't get it to do the zigzag stitch. It was electronic, and apparently something in the head that was not fixable so they just gave me a new one. I didn't buy the most expensive machine in the 80's, but it was very good for the time, so they told me pick whatever I wanted.

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
go get a Kenmore! Seriously, they are made by the same folks that make Elna & janome and you get better service/warranty on them. sears carries all sorts of feet, etc. Do you homework and research the Kenmore machines..there are many out there that are superior to the so called quilting machines...after all, a sewing machine is meant to last, the modern quilter will go thru 3-4 machines in 10 years trying to find the PERFECT one....