Old 09-10-2011, 10:18 AM
jlhmnj

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Originally Posted by jlhmnj
Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
My CL Find--Is an AG Mason Golden Star machine and cabinet. I got it for $65.00, so I was very pleased. Now I need to know how old it is. The serial number is 5138598. I know there was some sort of relationship to White Sewing machines.

Anyone have any information for me???

Texas Jan
Hi Jan,
Beautiful machine. I worked on a White VSIII that looked just like it from the Teens. Can't help out on AG Mason except I have one of their Rotaries missing the Slide Plate and Bobbin Case that is a White Rotary "Clone".
Good Luck and enjoy
Jon
Thanks Jon--
Maybe White private "badged" for AG Mason. Will the White Rotary slide plate and bobbin case work as a replacement??

Texas Jan
Jan,
That's what I though or the patents expired and they just copied. My AG Mason (the paper people?) is badged "Florence Rotary" and from the Teens or early Twenties and I believe a White Rotary from that period would work, though it's not high on my priorities list. I'm not too well versed in White machines, my intererest being in first Davis and second Singer. I know there are groups and individuals who are White fanatics who can probably be of more help.
Jon