View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 12:25 PM
Debbie B

Originally Posted by cassie69emt
I have almost the same setup. My frame however is the Pro, which will do up to a king size quilt.The one thing i found to be a GREAT helper when I first started with the frame was to put a post it note on the machine somewhere you will see it all the time ,reminding you to lower the presser foot. Everything else I learned was from watching long arm videos on you tube. I took some of the things they do and made them work on my frame, for example I HATED having the clamps on the side always in the way so I made this piece of fabric the has a pocket to hold a piece of dowel rod and then the opposite end of the fabric gets pinned to the quilt back and the clamps hold on to the dowel rod.You will want to put a practice piece on to get the hang of how it feels or moves.
I have finally gotten everything set up and now I need to buy an extention cord. I'm hoping to start practicing tomorrow or Monday. I would love to see a picture of your set up and the pocket that you have made. I just can't seem to picture it.