View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 12:36 PM
hobbykat1955

I too was a "Dog Person"...never liked or trusted cats until Ms Tiff...All white one blue eye one yellow....Had been my nieces for 10 yrs and then she had a baby and talked me into taking Ms Tiff or she'd have to take her to a shelter...I'm a sucker and said I'd give it a try.
I still love dogs (don't have one and they need much more care, walking etc...) I'd only have cats from now on...Ms Tiff was with us for 8 yrs...Then Ms Big a stray came to us and chose my husband in the backyd.
She's 19 now, we took her in at age 2, I can't imagine a day without her...She sleeps on the daybed while I sew and keeps me co.
She's diff in control but that's fine with us. She has her own beds and knows not to go on furniture unless her bed is in place. She's very smart.
I bought an automatic feeding dish that has 5 copartments and ice packs to keep the food cold over 3 days if we go away...it has a timer that you set for day and time to open each compartment. Great item to have if you do want to go away...I also leave dry food as a back up and lots of water.