View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 01:39 PM
deranged_damsel

Originally Posted by candi
Well, I just finished block 7,yay! An easy block compared to many, but it seems like it took me forever! It is amazing how used one gets to their surroundings, as I mentioned before, I am in Boston for work and will be here for a while so I brought one of those three-drawer plastic units filled with my AOTH fabric and tools, as well as fabrics for the two BOMs I am working on, a kit I put together for a small quilt for when I need a sense of accomplishment and one sandwiched and half quilted small lap quilt to finish( well I am unpicking stitches so it is taking forever!). Well I have been trying to set up a comfortable nook for me in here, but it's been a challenge! My sewing room at home is small but organized if I say so myself, so everything is right where I need it and things make their way to my hands effortlessly as I work on projects, but not here! Where is the glue? Where did I put the small scissors? I am holding the mini iron at an odd angel and on and on, lol, I know it'll get better, but I need to figure out a temporary organizing solution that will not add more stuff for me to take back home...as is, I had to go check out a couple of the quilt shops around here( there are so many) and bought some souvenirs :mrgreen:

Will post a picture of block 7 soon, as soon as I find the dang camera that is :thumbup:
those three drawer carts are THE BEST :D if you are looking for tool storage that you can have working access to, look for one of those desktop organizers make for pens and paperclips.... they are SO handy and keeps everything within reach ;)