View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 10:47 PM
JanTx

Translation:
Local Quilt Shop Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt club - monthly meeting number 2.

I arrived with my 22 blocks made in the last month and thought I'd be the top over-achiever, but I was put way in the shade by a dear lady who had made 44. Several had made none. Most had made 3 - 6 it seems.

A demonstration of how to fold fabric to get bias strips was done. Looked really good - the sample was done with a stripe. According to one lady there's a you tube video on the same thing if you want to check it out.

We were shown a poly batting that only needs to be quilted every 12 inches - Quilter's Dream Poly. Very thin, soft feeling stuff. Presenter talked about doubling it under things you wanted to look stuffed.

We had some show and tell and a lot of good tips from people who have quilted for much longer than I have. It's fun having such different levels of experience in the group.

The club discount today was 6 fq's for $10 - that will always be available during the meeting - and 25% off any book.

My fear that the meetings would be pure marketing for the shop are gone. This was great fun and I can't wait until the next one!